- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is a digitally-centric global advertising agency client and we are helping them to identify a Digital Strategy Director for a newly won financial services account. This includes exciting work on a major sports sponsorship. As the strategic leader, you will lead one of the largest rapidly expanding global banking clients to difficult as well as new strategic areas. Therefore, having solid craft skills in all core areas of strategy from research and insights (cultural, industry, social + mobile), business strategy, media and connections, analytics, cultural trends, digital, mobile, SEO and social strategies is essential. You will be tasked with helping to grow the brand and business which will require strong management and leadership experience.
- Partner with the Business Director and work closely with clients as their strategic business partner on all relevant facets of the brand
- Lead all strategic brand activities utilizing cross-functional teams
- Create and present relevant industry, consumer, technology solutions proactively and as needed. When doing so, showcase the ability to develop a coherent narrative and present with confidence
- Develop innovative research and testing methodologies to further the client business and build out the strategy service offering
- Spearhead work sessions and brainstorms around complex digital projects
- Based on client business goals and objectives, cross-sell relevant strategic services within the context of insight-based opportunities; including, but not limited to, innovation, social, mobile, search, commerce, research
- Inspire creative and UX cohorts and partner throughout the research, briefing and concepting phases
- Create formal frameworks, methodologies, and POV’s for approaching innovation
- Manage all digital primary qual and quant research, including usability testing across mobile and web properties, as well as reliance on secondary/syndicated resources. Additionally, understand and manage social listening and custom brand/consumer research
- Lead all performance measurement efforts for digital channels: behavioral, attitudinal and creative
- Stay abreast of relevant digital/consumer/industry trends and cultural shifts, and translate these into meaningful client opportunities on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate closely with vendors and partners, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, across client projects, as well as internal agency goals
- Management and mentorship of junior strategy talent, including performance tracking and allocation monitoring
- Serve as strategy discipline SME for broader strategy team, as well as creative and technology partners
- Maintain deep knowledge of the relevant industry verticals
- 7-10 years working experience in a strategy role at a digital agency. Prior experience working with financial services clients is experience is preferred but is not essential.
- Digital native, with the ability to think about the role of digital in the broader marketing landscape
- Strategic thinker with the ability to distil insights into singular strategic directions
- Expert level understanding of strategic planning – additionally, focus on new media channels, research/analytics and digital product/services
- Commands respect among high-level clients and internal constituencies
- Passion for learning and developing new skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Prior CRM experience and both quantitative and qualitative experience is preferred.
- B.A. required
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.