- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is a leading specialty fashion retailer. They are currently seeking a Designer for Woman’s Sweaters. The ideal designer is experienced and has an eye for ready to wear clothing and the ability to create original sellable concept that encompass style, color and fabric as directed.
- Conceptualize and accurately sketch multiple silhouette ideas that represent the target customer
- Supports the Design Manager and Vision team in conceptual research and collaboration to build the seasonal creative vision – product strategies, trend analysis, design language and ethos, branding, technology solves, colour & print direction, fabric & trim, construction, etc.
- Own designs and execution of those designs from concept to floor – from season kickoff to final fittings, while building product education
- Exceed product development milestones and calendar due dates
- Partner with the Merchant on building a line strategy, and partner with Development and Sourcing to deliver quality product on time
- Work with Design Manager to ensure continuity in design strategies and branding across lines
- Shop the competition – Interpret fashion vision and trends into successful product lines
- Research materials and components, as well as select fabric and trims
- Train, lead develop a team of Assistant Designers
- Collaborate with peers and leaders to ensure project outcomes align with priorities and direction
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the apparel design industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Apparel Design
- Strong knowledge of garment construction, fit, and patterns and thorough understanding of fiber and textiles required
- Strong experience in sweater design
- Travel for trend research and tradeshows domestically and internationally for design inspiration, colour, print, fabric & trim exploration
- Natural ability to oversee and lead a team in the development and design of product
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.