- Los Angeles
- Job Information
Our client is a contemporary fashion brand that is the epitome of LA style and attitude. Identifying themselves as casual luxury, this company offers apparel in the categories of women, girls and baby, handbags, shoes, intimates, swimwear, fragrance, accessories and jewelry. They are looking to hire a Design Director to drive the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery. He or she will supervise a team of designers to create original, trend appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales, as well as managing the timely execution of each stage in the process, and coordinating across categories to ensure consistent quality and look.
- Shop and perform research to isolate key, relevant trends for each category; review and provide perspective on competitive analysis; oversee assembly of concept boards, mock-ups, color-ups and inspirational photos for presentations.
- Oversee development of initial seasonal design concepts collaborating with sales to devise style plans and design according to trends; ensure timely execution of product development calendar; coordinate among design teams to ensure brand cohesiveness, where appropriate, across categories.
- Lead team in troubleshooting, including identifying and resolving quality and technical issues.
- Supervise creation of Illustrator sketches; approve specification sheets and line sheets; review product development logs, line sheets and boards for consistency; approve raw materials.
- Direct interoffice communication and follow-up with internal and external customers and contacts, including suppliers and vendors; partner with production and tech; manage interoffice communication and relationships with vendors and internal customers.
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.
- Attract, develop and retain talent.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of individuals and team.
- 10 – 12 years’ experience in design; preferable accessories and or jewelry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design preferred.
- Must have demonstrated leadership expertise and consistent in-house work experience
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative.
- Creativity, technical capability and sensibility for merchandising; strong ability to sketch.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe products, CAD and Mac computers
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.