- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is changing the way people interact online. It has built a revolutionary social site that creates a royalty stream for any content creator. The company has already raised $7 Million in venture funding and has grown to more than a million active users only a month after launch. They are now looking for a Chief Financial Officer who can lead strategically and tactically build a team during this period of hyper growth. This person should have a strong background in finance, but also be start up compatible, not just startup romantic. Their business model is one that requires a CFO who is a creative business thinker as well as being a financial heavyweight.
- Provide the analytical framework, financial metrics and benchmarks to enable informed investment decisions, identify trends early, plan and promote growth, capitalize on opportunities and minimize risks.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Work across all functions within the organization to build understanding of the financial drivers of the business and create awareness and ownership of the financial implications of every business decision.
- Establish criteria for resource management, setting a tone within the organization for efficient use of resources and financial responsibility, and informed risk-taking.
- Develop and institute best practices and procedures.
- Ensure a strong, disciplined financial infrastructure, including accounting systems, budgeting, reports and financial analysis.
- Manage, improve and streamline the quality of the functional areas of financial reporting and control, financial planning, 12-month rolling budgets and forecasting, tax and audit management.
- Prepare profit/loss statements, balance sheets and capital budgets continuously analyzing and evaluating financial performance.
- Represent business model and values to internal and external audiences in a compelling manner, including employees, the investors, the Board of Directors, and the financial community.
- Oversee monthly financial statement closings and financial analysis.
- Effectively manage cash flow.
- Coordinate financial statement audits and review tax returns.
- Prepare and analyze timely and accurate reports that summarize and forecast company business activity and financial positions in areas of income, expenses, and earnings.
- Develop financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identify monetary resources; developing action plans.
- Maximize return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities; maintaining relationships with the investment community.
- Report financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
- A minimum of a BS; a CPA and/or MBA would be a plus.
- At least eight years of experience in a financial leadership role.
- Proven track record of year over year growth.
- Work with a sense of urgency and pride.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.