- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is an innovative marketing and branding consultancy with a growing, international presence. They focus on delivering future-facing marketing ideas and emerging technologies across a diverse range of media channels and product categories. Some of their unique services include producing a highly coveted magazine published quarterly, online resources, a weekly newsletter, events & consultancy services, in-depth reports on media trends and bespoke intelligence for advertisers and agencies.
Due to their rapidly expanding US division, they are actively seeking a Business Development Manager who has a desire to work hard and help drive new business growth. As the Business Development Manager, you will be charged with building prospects and qualifying sales leads that pertain to the agency’s growing roster of products and services. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has a proven track record in business development, is self-motivated, and can apply their knowledge and understanding of the marketing and advertising industry towards strategic trend and intelligence solutions for their clients. Reporting directly to the Director of Business Development for North America, you’ll work as part of a small team in New York with regular liaison with the sales and editorial teams in their London office. This is an amazing opportunity for the right individual to grow in a challenging, nurturing and creative environment.
- Will be responsible for prospective client relationship building, current client management and marketing and events participation.
- In addition to sales and business development, responsibilities will include assisting the North American and London teams with corporate marketing and event sponsorships and attending industry events as a representative of the agency.
- Weekly calls and meetings with clients to present the agency’s range of products and services.
- Will be expected to attend various advertising and marketing events to further source leads and establish key relationships
- Work closely with the Business Development Director on broader sales initiatives, plans and North America’s marketing
- Proactively source and prospect leads and opportunities with senior level marketing and advertising executives from prospecting to outreach to pitching to closure in order to meet established monthly and annual goals
- 3-4 years of proven experience including direct sales (especially business intelligence) and/or agency experience is best, but others with less experience who can demonstrate a passion and understanding for the advertising landscape will be considered
- Demonstration of analytical and strategic thinking, and the ability to analyze business opportunities and read situations well
- Capable of developing compelling strategic offerings that deliver results
- Ability and comfort level with presenting in front of people (from assistant account directors to brand mangers to CMOs and CEOs) with energy, confidence and eloquence
- Ability to set goals and drive them to fulfilment. You have ‘fire in the belly’ and want to be accountable, and are excited by your success and helping the company to grow
- Ability to be highly productive with periodic direct management from senior staff. Your self-motivated, have a go-get-‘em attitude, and love what you do (and have fun doing it in the process)
- Excellent communication skills on the phone and in person.
- Strong writing skills
- Strong negotiation skills and financial intelligence; ability to close accounts
- A collaborative player that shares information and supports the team and takes coaching and advice
- Good organizational skills, including the ability to juggle many projects
- A tenacity for prospecting and follow-up skills
- Proficient with FileMaker Pro, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.