- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is an independently owned boutique design firm with offices in New York and London. The company offers a distinctive viewpoint and an open and collaborative culture. We are currently working on a newly created business development role for them. The successful candidate will have a tenacious but sensitive approach, be commercially savvy and strategically driven. He or she will have strong experience developing relationships with clients, will enjoy working autonomously but as part of a well-oiled and supportive team, and also possess the ability to be a team leader while cultivating business relationships.
- Reporting to the Group Business Development Director (based in London), you will have full management of and accountability for US New Business generation, activation and results.
- Develop and implement New Business strategies and initiatives both externally and internally focused.
- Develop key decision maker contacts, organize introductory meetings, generate project specific proposals and tenders.
- Transform New Business introductions into relevant agency projects with appropriate profit related fee revenue
- Lead and assist New Business pitches, defining strategies with relevant planners, creative and client service teams.
- Deliver fee revenue to meet forecasted New Business income.
- Ensure a degree of immersion and involvement of employees into the New Business process.
- Ensure that a professional manner is conducted across all interfaces representing the company’s brand values in every instance
- BA Required
- Prior business development experience is required in a creative environment
- Possess excellent project management skills and understand how to manage business profitably, managing deadlines and growing relationships
- Organized, reliable and calm and collected under pressure, able to change gears if/when needed during a presentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use your initiative and make yourself available to all facets of the business to offer your help to ensure the smooth running of the agency.
- Upbeat, outgoing and looking to immerse self in both the work and agency culture.
- Proactive, confident and passionate about the work with a strong work ethic.
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.