- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is a leading and innovative New York based PR agency. They are currently seeking a talented consumer/lifestyle publicist for a dynamic and creative AVP level opportunity. This person will be supporting branded initiatives for corporate event marketing, national cause-related organizations and entertainment properties. This is truly a great opportunity for someone who is looking to join an energetic and cohesive team that is really doing some exciting work. Breadth of consumer lifestyle sector experience extends to mix of branding, entertainment, fashion, fitness, and beauty media.
- Develop and implement publicity-oriented media strategies and event publicity.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and media.
- Pitch and coordinate national, local and regional broadcast segments and editorial placements and trade outreach.
- Cultivate working relationships with consumer media of all kinds, including branding, advertising and marketing trades.
- Manage product placement PR.
- Write creative and effective press releases.
- Handle media coordination for local, regional and national events.
- Build added-value partnerships between clients.
- Coordinate individual events with press in high-end locations.
- Contribute to development of strategic plans and messaging for clients.
- 8-10 years of consumer publicity experience in relevant sectors;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational and project management skills.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Event management coordination.
- Established network of broad media contacts.
- Proven results of innovative consumer media campaigns beyond product placement.
- Connections with influencers and tastemakers.
- Enthusiasm and creativity, initiative and capacity to juggle many tasks.
- Proficiency in social media platforms and applications.
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.