- New York City
- Job Information
Our client owns several fashion brands in the contemporary space and is looking for an Associate Marketing Director. The company has creative services, PR marketing, media planning and buying and digital/social media capabilities in-house. They generally use young and current celebrities in all of their advertising, so the internal culture would suit someone for this role who is an avid reader of US Weekly and People Magazine and keeps up with celebrity and pop culture.
- Liaise with business partners to define seasonal business objective.
- Partner with creative team to concept seasonal campaigns to include talent, print and online campaigns, public relations strategies, web and social media campaigns, promotions, events, and in-store presentation.
- The ideal candidate will have a background across traditional and interactive media in the apparel and/or soft home industry. Strong concepting and presentation skills, and proven ability to execute strategies.
- Candidate must be able to articulate and sell creative to internal stakeholders through authorship and presentation of sound creative concepts via design comp’s aligned with brand directions.
- Provide expertise in creating and developing brand strategies including talent options, creative directions, and press opportunities for the portfolio of brands. Serve as brand champion and project manager for specified campaigns and marketing activations.Liaison with retail partners marketing teams to ensure programs come to life with our partners.
- Guide the direction of both short- and/or long-term business/brand/marketing plans identifying business objectives, strategies, positioning, key initiatives and performance measurements.
- Lead the development and execution of marketing campaigns. Partner with other marketing managers, public relations team, online team and art directors in the development of both creative and tactical marketing executions that build brand equity, excitement, disruption and awareness for our brand portfolio.
- Ability to negotiate with external vendors from online to entertainment industries to create partnerships that will benefit our portfolio of brands.
- Concept marketing ideas that will garner press and create excitement for brand with consumers and at retail. Understanding of public relations and social media related tactics a plus.
- Lead and influence cross-departmental partners. Work closely with brand managers to define key selling propositions that will translate into excitement for our retail partners.
- Ensure smooth lines of communication with the creative department to ensure continuity and brand consistency in all facets of corporate branding, marketing, advertising collateral and visual merchandising.
- Review, analyze and monitor all activations for positioning, messaging and compliance focused on brand plan.
- 7 + years’ marketing experience in apparel or accessories, preferably within the contemporary market.
- Proven conceptual skills in development of campaign concepting and development of talent options
- Previous development and execution of marketing plans, write marketing briefs and other strategic marketing documents (including seasonal goals, budgets, online opportunities, and promotions
- Working effectively in cross-functional teams
- Working directly with creative teams
- Experience in developing and executing promotions
- Online marketing experience including social media planning and promotions
- Effective and active participant/leader in a variety of informal and formal presentation settings
- Commands attention and can manage group process
- Strong communication skills
- Working knowledge of public relations/event planning
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- B.A. in marketing or related field.
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.