- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is an independently owned high end fashion PR Agency with offices in Europe and Asia. The agency represents an array of leading luxury fashion brands and is currently searching for an Account Director of Fashion for their New York office. This position is a senior level role within the fashion division. He or she will work in partnership with the teams Vice President in order to design and deliver strategies, programs and initiatives that support client’s overall business objectives. In this role the Account Director will also partner with the Vice President on business outreach and new client development. The successful candidate should possess substantive industry knowledge, senior level relationships with fashion media (consumer, trade and digital) and the ability to work with senior brand leadership across all fashion accounts. Strategic thinking and highly developed communication skills are also critical success factors in this role.
- Work closely with clients to develop compelling PR programs that drive brand awareness and purchase behavior
- Maintain ongoing, senior-level contact with key fashion directors, editors and associates at major long and short-lead publications, websites, blogs, etc.
- Develop pitch calendar and regularly pitch editor’s relevant story ideas that both align with their editorial focus and support client brand strategy
- Manage the production and approvals of videos, photography, digital press kits, and other PR tools necessary to communicate brand image and product information
- Develop outreach strategy for television press, including media training and spokesperson management
- Manage budgets and ensure timely accounting and payment of all invoices
- Manage PR activities for beauty clients engaging in Fashion Week including editor outreach, backstage interview, trend reports, etc.
- Partner with the internal events team and outside vendors to ensure a seamless execution of brand vision and deliverables
- Ensure positive communication with clients and international agency offices
- Participate in client meetings and calls, while engaging in department and agency initiatives as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of PR experience with a focus in fashion
- Must have an understanding of the fashion industry, trends and pop culture
- Social media savvy and actively engaged in multiple social media platforms (Facebook Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, FourSquare, etc.)
- Strong communications skills, excellent writer and editor, confident presenter; experience pitching television a plus
- Having a visionary and opportunistic approach to new business development
- Highly organizational with strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, meet multiple deadlines simultaneously, with a good dose of common sense and initiative
- Prerequisites include strong managerial and organizational skills – together with the Vice President to oversee, manage, and develop all tasks and responsibilities of the Account Manager, Coordinator, and Assistant
- A responsive and understanding approach to client management
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Ability to identify communication opportunities through a pro-active approach
- Possess good understanding of all internal communications strategies, tools and systems to ensure alignment with overall brand messaging
- Strong computer skills including Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint, Fashion GPS
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.