- New York City
- Job Information
Our client is an independently owned high end PR Agency with offices in Europe and Asia. The agency represents an array of leading luxury brands and is currently searching for an Account Director of Beauty for their New York office. This position is a senior level role within the new beauty division. He or she will work in partnership with the Vice President, International Beauty in order to design and deliver strategies, programs and initiatives that support client’s overall business objectives. In this role the Account Director will also partner with the Vice President on business outreach and new client development. The successful candidate should possess substantive industry knowledge, senior level relationships with beauty media (consumer, trade and digital) and the ability to work with senior brand leadership across multiple beauty categories (i.e., haircare, skincare, color cosmetics, fragrance). Strategic thinking and highly developed communication skills are also critical success factors in this role. A true team player and committed mentor, this individual will be collaborative and innovative in their approach.
- Work closely with clients to develop compelling PR programs that drive brand awareness and purchase behavior
- Maintain ongoing, senior-level contact with key beauty directors, editors and associates at major long and short-lead publications, websites, blogs, etc.
- Develop pitch calendar and regularly pitch editor’s relevant story ideas that both align with their editorial focus and support client brand strategy
- Manage the production and approvals of videos, photography, digital press kits, and other PR tools necessary to communicate brand image and product information
- Develop outreach strategy for television press, including media training and spokesperson management
- Manage budgets and ensure timely accounting and payment of all invoices
- Manage PR activities for beauty clients engaging in Fashion Week including editor outreach, backstage interview, trend reports, etc.
- Partner with the internal events team and outside vendors to ensure a seamless execution of brand vision and deliverables
- Ensure positive communication with clients
- Participate in client meetings and calls, while engaging in department and agency initiatives as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of PR experience with a focus in beauty
- Must have an understanding of the beauty industry, fashion trends and pop culture
- Social media savvy and actively engaged in multiple social media platforms (Facebook Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, FourSquare, etc.)
- Strong communications skills, excellent writer and editor, confident presenter; experience pitching television a plus
- Having a visionary and opportunistic approach to new business development
- Highly organizational with strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, meet multiple deadlines simultaneously, with a good dose of common sense and initiative
- Prerequisites include strong managerial and organizational skills – together with the Vice President to oversee, manage, and develop all tasks and responsibilities of the Account Manager, Coordinator, and Assistant
- A responsive and understanding approach to client management
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Ability to identify communication opportunities through a pro-active approach
- Possess good understanding of all internal communications strategies, tools and systems to ensure alignment with overall brand messaging
- Strong computer skills including Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint, Fashion GPS
Please attach your resume in a Microsoft Word document.